Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Ahhh......

The ladies of Baadmedicine took a vacation. We headed off for a mountain retreat with a couple of ladies with similar interests. That is to say, we like shopping and knitting. We started our trip off with some shopping at a new mall just outside of Calgary.

We also had the opportunity to check out three (?!?) yarn stores in our travels. The first was Pudding Yarns in Calgary. Catty was delighted to find a plethora of Koigu yarn. Needless to say, I had to indulge, too.

See? Koigu and Shibui and Fleece artist. Oh, my! I also acquired shares in a skein of Louet Mooi with plans to make a Pretty Thing Cowl, but the yarn is currently in T's custody. I have visitation rights for next weekend.

We also stopped by the Knitting Room after a bit of a detour. If you plan on going, may I recommend calling ahead for directions? Annie will be happy to help you. I picked up some Berocco Suede for slippers as seen in the Interweave Knits Holiday edition.

Saturday was spent at the Willowstream Spa. I recommend it. Andi and I were completely stress free and mellow after a dip in the pools. That was BEFORE we had mimosas for lunch and massages in the afternoon.

One quick stop at Knit and Caboodle in Canmore where I picked up some Madelinetosh Worsted and Malabrigo Sock yarn.

I really think you wouldn't do wrong at any of these shops but the combination was ideal.

And we're already planning our trip for next year.

6 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Ah, Teri! I Wish I had known you were in town. I would have directed you to the super secret koigu location, where it is always 20% off.

Glad you had a vacay though. Fun times!

Amanda said...

Green I am! Looks like a very successful weekend.

Anonymous said...

Yay for stash enhancement!

Can Jilly come next time?

Sarah said...

Sounds like a fabulous trip and lovely purchases

J. said...

Great Scott! There is a super secret koigu location?!?!? You gotta tell T so she can tell me!!!

catknip said...

Did someone say koigu????