Over in the barn...
Friday, August 31, 2007
Over in the barn...
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
2. I still don' t have yarn. This isn't entirely my fault. I didn't like the first color of yarn I ordered (ok, that's my fault), so I ordered some more which hasn't arrived yet (not my fault - that one is on Canada post). I guess if I had made a yarn decision prior to last week, maybe it would have arrived on time (ok, it's mostly my fault).
3. Haven't even looked for beads. There is a nice bead store in town which I'd like to check out, and I'm off work this week. However, the thought of taking my 3 year old, and even more frighteningly, my 1 year old, there is too much for me to handle.
4. There's no way I'll be casting-on with the group. So, not only do I not have yarn, beads or pattern, I am leaving town tomorrow for a few days. Therefore, even if my yarn arrives tomorrow, I won't get it till Monday.
This is why I keep J. around. She's a good KAL host. She has yarn, beads and pattern. She has even cast - on in preparation for the launch on Friday - so she can show everyone what to complete the first week. Again, this is why I keep her around. There are many other reasons why I keep her around: comic relief, keeping me sane, supporting my yarn habit, supporting my shoe habit, making sure I don't cast on anything else, etc etc. Plus she is a super-duper cool blogger. Yeah she rocks!
Monday, August 27, 2007
All I need is a baby to put into them!!
Sunday, August 26, 2007
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
they'll work out ok. That remains to be seen. On to sock #2 and doubling my Christmas sock output again. (Did you see the HUGE increase in my tally from 0.25 to 0.5. I know, shocking.)
Monday, August 20, 2007
(Note my handsome photographer.)
Saturday, August 18, 2007
Thursday, August 16, 2007
It also makes a great movie set.
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
They are pretty impressive for a first pair of socks. Supposedly they even fit her movie star honey. Wow. First pair of socks and they fit. She's got some sock mojo.
(*this term is openly plagiarised from the Yarn Harlot - I plagiarise it with true admiration)
Monday, August 13, 2007
If I'm to be truly honest, I would say I have 7 (I think) - things on the needles right now. Yep, seven. Some things have been on their needles for years (yes, years.). Others are socks which I just keep stashed here and there to work on a stitch or two when I get a chance (like in the car, when I'm driving and stuck in traffic - don't tell my husband). So those things move very slowly.
As a polygamist, I've noticed that nothing really advances. And this makes me start something new out of frustration of not completing anything. Therefore, I never complete anything, because I'm always starting something new.
So, I'm saying it here, and I'm saying it now. I will not start anything new until my Tuscany shawl is complete. You heard it here. I said it, and I will now hold myself to it. I'm asking for your help (that means you J.) to keep me an honest monogamist. I will not cast on that beautiful skirt from Handmaiden, or the new Koigu that J. picked out for me. I will not start a baby sweater for my new neice or nephew, even though I can't wait to see the Baby Surprise Jacket take shape. I'm will be a monogamist!!
(anyone got some spare yarn and needles I can borrow....need to cast something on....don't tell J.)
Friday, August 10, 2007
Thursday, August 9, 2007
(Intended to be a picture of a tiny front store filled with yarn leading to a spinner's heaven, it is actually some tourists and a beluga whale.)
Wednesday, August 8, 2007
Some of my favorites:
1. When to know the affair is over - this one kills me - can you imagine someone googling this in the first place (if you're googling that, that's your first clue it's over). Then to think they're going to get some great advice, and they learn that it's merely an affair with some yarn. How disappointing....
2. Managing yarn - yeah, and you came to our site? seriously. Don't look to us to help you with that. You've got big problems if J. and I are your only help to manage your yarn.
3. "Cookie A." lace - yes, J. has extolled her love for Cookie. Now when Cookie googles herself (come on, we all do it), and Baad Medicine comes up, she'll realize she has potential stalkers out there (yikes - hope the Yarn Harlot doesn't find the site....).