Monday, November 3, 2008

Dear Knitter

My name is J. I'm a long knitter, first time caller. I have recently started knitting again after giving birth to a Butterball. We're fine, thanks for asking. I have managed to complete a plain pair of Men's socks, destined to be given away this Christmas.


And yes, the Fleece Artist Seawool is both shiny and manly. Thanks for noticing.




The reason I'm calling is I just started a pair of Cedar Dancing Socks from Cat's sock book. I'm sure that you know Cat. All the well connected, knitting rock stars seem to know her by her first name. Anyway, my mind is slightly addled since the arrival of the latest turkey (ha, ha!) and I could not for the life of me understand how to make a cobblestone cuff. Cat's instructions are very helpful but how am I supposed to knit across 68 parellel stitches on DPNs? I kept dropping the stitches after only having knit 4 or 5. Please help.




Thanking you in advance for your words of wisdom and lack of mockery.

Yours in stitches,

J.


P.S. I improvised and did a double stranded cast on which looks lovely, if a little loose.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear J,

I have no helpful advice to offer. I give you only my undying admiration at your ability to read anything, let alone attempting to decipher that pattern after your brain has been turned to mush by pushing out the butterball and intense sleep-deprivation. You are my knitty hero.

catknip said...

Ditto. I only understood the words with 3 letters or less - except for Butterball.

T. said...

In the words of the Stink "Me no know".

Devorah said...

No help here but I too, am impressed that you are even attempting it. My brain is mush and my turkeys are much older!