Thursday, August 5, 2010

Surely I Jest

I have a plan. I've made a schedule. I've wound yarn. I am on track for my Christmas knitting this year.



I am feeling so confident that I cast on the most adorable vest. I usually have so many projects lined up that new patterns get relegated to the bottom of the queue. I look at them from time to time and wonder what yarn I will use in what colour.



This issue of Knitty came at the right time. The pattern is cute and I love vests. It is smaller than a sweater and doesn't seem like a big undertaking. I had the yarn and buttons to match. It was meant to be! I've named her Jest (J's Vest).



The only problem is I keep stopping to admire the pretty diamond pattern and the soft drape of my yarn. I bought some Knit Picks City Tweed DK quite a while ago intending to make it into a little cardigan but other things came up and the yarn just didn't seem right. I'm so glad I waited and T is, too, since I sent her half the yarn I purchased so she can make a vest of her own.

I can't wait to wear it!

2 comments:

T. said...

J's Vest = Jest - AWESOME.
I'm starting it as soon as I finish the vest I'm working on....

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.