Monday, February 7, 2011

In and Out Quickly

Another pair of Cookie A socks have flown off my needles.

I was using some leftover yarn to knit some birthday socks for a February birthday. (No, T. It wasn't you.) I had 100 g of wollmeise sock yarn leftover from this little number that I knit myself for Christmas.

(It's the Still Light Tunic from Veera. I love her.)

So I was pretty sure that I had enough yarn going in to these socks, but I quickly realize that knitting this many cables takes a lot of yarn. I only did one pattern repeat on the leg and they are still a generously sized sock.

I really love this pattern. I even thought about making myself a pair but the completed foot pattern with toe made the sock too long for me. It's a good thing they are intended for someone with bigger feet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your Still Light. I've had it in my ravelry queue for a while but was hesitant. It's gorgeous. Your cookies are beautiful too. Good Job :-)

T. said...

Lovely as always. DO you think you could finish my Jan KAL socks for me too?? Great - thanks.