Saturday, September 20, 2008

Waiting Game

I am not a patient person. Waiting is one of the most difficult things I ever have to do. I fidget. I pace. I bug the Dude.

So this whole being off of work and waiting for a baby thing is really not my strong suit. Fortunately, I have still been able to do some knitting.

Socks for a nephew.


Socks for a neice.


I'm half way through a pair of pink socks for the Princess in this yarn.

My mind, however, is always drawn to the what ifs. What if my water breaks in the frozen food aisle of the grocery store? What if I have horrible labour that scares the Princess? What if I can't get a hold of the Dude? (Don't laugh. My husband is very difficult to reach at times. Don't confuse this with being important.) What if the Princess totally rejects the Baby and her Mother? What if I don't get the next STR sock club shipment before all of the above happen?

Waiting sucks.

4 comments:

T. said...

Waiting does suck.

And the Princess will always be your Princess. Don't worry too much about that. The other stuff, sure, but not that.

Devorah said...

How I remember those last days! The princess will be just fine. Even if she isn't at first ... she will be later. And, as others said, she will always be your princess! (And grow up far too fast!)

Amanda said...

Just remember the old saying: All good things come to those who wait.

dog mama said...

Call me, we can wait together. I am having a bit of anxiety as I embark on my first wide open week of waiting...