Friday, May 15, 2009

Summer Knitting

When we talk about knitting, most people picture wool. Great skeins of wool knit into cabled sweaters and hats and mittens. And while these garments are essential for those of us who live in northern climates, they are not worn for the whole year.




This spring has been cool here. It snowed yesterday. Not enough to stay on the ground, but snow is snow. I am looking ahead to a time when I won't need a jacket and the sun will warm my shoulders. I want to go about town, with my Princesses in tow, wearing this elegant number.




It's Delphine from French Girl Knits. I have some KnitPicks Simply Cotton, the first yarn I have purchased all year, just waiting to be worked up. This project is a bit of a gamble as the sizing seems to run small, so I'll be guessing as to which one to make. Cotton is quite a heavy fibre, so I'm hoping this yarn will drape nicely without sagging.




What do you knit with in the summer months?

6 comments:

T. said...

Love that sweater.....need to consider what I could use out of the stash....

Sarah said...

Great summer knit - hope it goes well

I knit pretty much with anything in the summer as the speed I go it might just be ready for winter!

Anne B. said...

I'm hoping to start Flower Child, if I can pick up some good cotton or bamboo on sale this summer. In the meantime, lace! Its not too hot to make. The French Knits book seems really nice, and that sweater is going to be so cute.

Amanda said...

Very pretty. But with the chilly weather we are having I just can't picture knitting something like that at the moment :)

Anonymous said...

I knit everything and anything.

Mr GreenJeans is blocking, I'm more than halfway done a (black) tank top in cotton/merino, and about 5 inches into a (mostly black) fair isle.

Anonymous said...

I knit everything and anything.

Mr GreenJeans is blocking, I'm more than halfway done a (black) tank top in cotton/merino, and about 5 inches into a (mostly black) fair isle.