Monday, March 16, 2009

UGH

1. I started a February Baby Sweater and about 3 inches in realized that I was using one 3.75mm needle and one 3mm needle. Because I'm smart like that. Ripped. Restarted. UGH.

2. Decided I wanted to work on my Lily of the Valley Scarf. Go to pull it out of my knitting basket and realized I pulled the scarf OFF the needles. Completely. I tried to put it back on the needles, and even perservered for a row or two. The nupps. They don't look so good when you've lost half of their stitches. UGH.

3. I wanted to finish up my travelling scarf, and decided possibly a crochet edge to even it all out. Forgot how much I hate crochet. Also forgot how unforgiving crochet is and how it "stabilizes" edges (read as - has no give). Ripped out. Now at a loss of how to finish. UGH.

There is one small highlight in my knitting. Yesterday, I started some stockings. I am loving the lace pattern and also how fast they're going. When you're only knitting on 40 some stitches around, you fly. I also hope that this is what this yarn is meant to be, because I don't think it can handle being frogged yet again.

5 comments:

J. said...

Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. Nice stockings.

T. said...

It was like everything I touched this week was cursed. Hence the new project. Start fresh I say.

MimiCatKnits said...

Oh no! I hate when that happens! The good news is: stuff happens in 3s, so things should start going real smooth for you now ;)

Jocelyn said...

Oh nooos, funny how some times are just *like* that?

Amanda said...

Oh dear! My sympathies. Perhaps the knitting gods are trying to steer you into new directions?