Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Life Goes On


As you can imagine, we've had a lot of upheaval here at BaadMedicine. T has moved to Perth where I'm sure Australian knitters are working hard to make her feel welcome. Knitters here are keeping out chins up and are knitting on.

I finished these socks a few weeks ago.

They are Tall Tibetan socks by Cat Bordhi knit in Wollmeise Sock yarn. The colour is Kornblume and is an intense blue. These socks are meant for my nephew at Christmas time. They are interesting without being too obvious.

I have lots of this yarn left. Maybe another lucky boy will get some blue socks.

I'm now working on an Icarus shawl and a sweater for a little princess. Pictures and updates soon, but in the meantime I would like to know if any of you knitters are also weavers. I am considering branching out and would like some input. What loom do you use? What do you make? What kind of yarn do you use?

And so we move on. One day soon, T will surprise us with a post from Down Under. Maybe I'll take up weaving. The world is our oyster.

1 comment:

T. said...

Yep - onwards and upwards.
Post forthcoming related to my need to keep my feet warm.