J. and I were just recently discussing the pitfalls of the "Cool Crowd" and it inspired me to think of all the reasons why I'm not cool (and ok with it).
So, in no particular order, reasons why T. is uncool:
1. I knit. That is inherently uncool. I know you'll all leave a comment (all 4 of you) saying "No way, knitting is cool and so are you". No, it's not cool. Not in cool circles with cool people.
2. I blog. Again, not a cool endeavour. It's much cooler to have 324 friends on Facebook than to have 324 people leave comments on your blog.
3. I had kids for the sake of having kids - not for having the right accessory. We all know people who had children because it was the fashion must have of the new millenium. Not me. I had them (we had them...) to actually try and learn a few things about this world. To try and teach ourselves about selflessness and humility (it's working by the way). This is uncool. The cool parents have children so they can show off their fancy SUV at the school pick up zone. Cool parents had children so they could dress them in Burberry and get a Bugaboo. Mine are dressed in the finest from Old Navy (or Old Lady as Punky calls it) and Joe Fresh and get pulled around in a wagon. Not cool.
4. I'd rather spend time with my husband than anyone else. In. The. World. Not cool. It's much more 'in' to have activities planned for every night of the week with various people who are unrelated to you. Not cool to want to stay home on the couch and put your toes under your honey's butt to help keep them warm. Cool to go out for breakfast every Saturday morning after your run with your peeps (sans kids and husband of course - that would cramp your style). Oh, I got me some peeps (yo! J.) but we've got similar feelings on this subject.
5. I don't like constantly reliving the past. I don't like to start all stories with "back in high school" or "remember in university when...". Don't get me wrong - I had some good times (well, at least in University I did), and have some memorable stories. But, I don't necessarily want to relive them all. I want to live in the here and now. Today. Enjoy what I have now, and not what I had. That's cool with me.
And you, any things that make you entirely uncool??? Pull up a chair and air out your un-cool laundry.