Monday, April 14, 2008

Sure signs

I have chosen to live in a place where winter takes a firm hold for endless months. I have chosen this, so I feel I cannot complain (at least, not too much). If it was unbearable, I could move. But I don't. I continue to live here, along with many other sturdy and strong, winter-hardy people. We hunker down for long months, succumbing to a horrible infliction known as "cabin fever". Then when you think you cannot take one more day....certain sightings occur.

Boys on bikes.





Plants. Green plants. Not dead brown ones.



Non-woolen knits popping up here and there.


(This is my Picovoli in a beautiful linen/cotton blend - more on that next time).


Ahhhhhhhhhhh. Breathe in that air while you can, cause heck, it could snow again next week (or later today for that matter).


4 comments:

J. said...

Love the sweater! What is the yarn are you using? I can't place the bluey one.

And if you value your sanity, don't check the weather forecast.

catknip said...

Ah yes, the Alberta weather -sometimes you just gotta say WTF?

Amanda said...

And here I am watching the trees turn orange and red and leaves fall. And I sigh with relief - summer is finally coming to an end!

Anonymous said...

I was practically skipping across the sidewalk this weekend as the whole neighborhood was outside. Winter is so lonely - I love the promise of spring. But yes, don't look at the forecast for the weekend. I almost cried.