Friday, August 15, 2008

And we're off....T's version

I'm am officially off for a week. As is my love.

People keep asking us where we're going. I always feel like it's a cop out to say nowhere.

We aren't going anywhere this year. For a variety of reasons, not the least of which is having a rather precocious 2-year old, we're vacationing from home.

We have a list of 4 or 5 destinations in and around our city that we want to get to over our week off. Places we always say we're going to go to because they're so close, but we never get there.

My goal is to get a few things done around home before the insanity of the fall which includes new schedules, and new schools, and new activities. My other, and more important goal, is to spend time with my family. We may not be able to give the boys an exciting vacation this year, but we have the time to spend with them and do things they'll love to do. And that's the most important thing. Time together as a family.

So having said that, I'm going to computer-free for the next week or so. I'll be back to tell you tales of trips to historic villages and escapades of museum visits with rambunctious children. I know you're shaking with anticipation!!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Have a great time. The boys will love it. Time with parents is always more important than actually going away.

J. said...

I am both shaking and quaking.

Try Fort Edmonton. The Princess loves the trains.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the vacation! I am also on vacatin this week but I stupidly brought my computer with me so I am feeling all this internal pressure to keep up.
Next year I'll know better!

Sarah said...

Happy hols to you