Friday, January 30, 2009

Am I Blue?



You'd be, too.





This is the January Socks that Rock Kit. I am unapologetically showing it to you, I love it that much.




It is just so perfect for me. I love blue, in all it's many shades and I think the beads really show it off well.




This pattern is a labour of love for me. And labour it is. I had to learn how to do a tubular cast on, which is pretty cool and I have no idea how it works. I'm also stuck sliding beads along the yarn as I go, which is a bit of a pain. The beads sit in between the stitches, which means they all had to be strung on the yarn in advance. I thought I'd be smart and put ALL the beads on the yarn instead of just enough for the first sock. Turns out that was a mistake. It means that I have to spend time shuffling the beads along the yarn as I go.




But it's worth it.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Gorgeous. I would like to try some beads on my socks soon and yours are an inspiration.

T. said...

What a perfect J. color - and beads?? Crazy stuff.

Anonymous said...

I want to try beads too....

(BTW 892 yds out)

catknip said...

OMG! How wonderful! How will they wash?

J. said...

Handwashing should be fine for these delightful socks, I think.