Thursday, April 16, 2009

Everything's Coming Up Roses

My March STR socks have been finished for a while, but I haven't had a chance to show them to you. Sometimes life becomes complicated with good times and bad and you just have to roll with it.



Here you have them, Rogue Roses. Designed by the Harlot, they were a delight to knit. They worked up quickly in mediumweight yarn.





The colour of the yarn might not suit everyone, but I quite liked it. And the more I knit, the more the combinations of rosey pinks, creamy yellow and mossy green grew on me.





Now Princess the First likes to "help" me knit, by which I mean hold one DPN and poke it through the knitted fabric I am working on. Lately, she's been asking if I'm knitting socks for her. You can only put off a 3 year old (!?!) for so long. On P1's birthday, I started Wild Roses. These are obviously heavily based on the STR socks but I won't be putting any pattern on the foot as lumpy socks make P1 grumpy.


P1 wanted to wear this sock today. She decided she could pair it with any random sock in her drawer. I talked her out of it today, but I'd better knit up the other one in a hurry.

2 comments:

T. said...

At some point you won't be able to talk her out of it....

Amanda said...

Pretty socks and P1 is showing good taste already!

Yards IN: 899