Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The things you do.

In my years that preceeded having children, I had certain views on many subjects related to parenting. I would never let my kids "run my life". They would just slide easily into my life and I would continue to live the way I wanted to, with really cute little partners coming along for the ride.

Are you done laughing? Yeah. Me too.

I would never have thought I would consider it a victory if I spent the entire 4 day long weekend in my house painting, moving, rearranging, hanging, cleaning and spiffing up two rooms. Rooms that really have nothing to do with me.


I would never have thought I would be buying black paint, just because a 5 year old asked me to.

I would never have thought 3 vintage posters from a trilogy would grace the walls of my house. Or that I would assemble bunk beds because my boys want to have "sleep overs" with each other.
I would never have thought I would feel so accomplished and happy with 2 rooms in my house. Our house.

Or that the smiles on the boys faces would make every second of it worthwhile.


(the lack of knitting related content is due to the fact that house-renos don't allow for much knitting time. Stay tuned for the next post which shall feature knitting, hopefully).

3 comments:

J. said...

Wow! Looks great! Can I get a tour?

And does the little one still fear your wrath if he climbs out of bed?

Amanda said...

All accomplishments are good - and ever so satisfying. Looks good.

Sarah said...

Cute!

And I feel you on the house reno = no knitting time - my four day weekend was spent with a power sander in hand instead of needles!