Saturday, June 21, 2008

Enjoy it.

Everybody keeps telling me to "enjoy it".

Enjoy this time at home by myself doing very little.

And I have to say, I am really trying to.

I've watched many movies over the last few days. Some horrific (I may even say the worse movie I have every seen), a few which remind me of being a kid, and some horribly sad. But it's been good. It has been good to just sit and try to relax (that is truly a stretch for me).

There have been a lot of end of pre-school events that have kept me busy too.

Graduation.





















And end of school barbeque (my kids the tall one....not surprising right?). They are releasing their butterflies that they watched go from a caterpillar to a chrysalis (yes, Punky referred to it as a chrysalis, it's not technically a cocoon) to a butterfly. Then they released them at the park. So freakin' adorable.











I've also made some good progress on some knits.

Hanami v.2.0.


This time, it's for me.

And Cat Bordhi socks v.2.0.


Baby Coriolis. Let it be said again, that women is on a different knitting level entirely.

I have also enjoyed having my love around quite a bit. He usually commutes an hour each way, but he has been at home for quite a bit, and when he has gone to work, he's commuted about 10 minutes each way. It's been nice. I know it's only temporary, but it's been nice.


I've enjoyed it.

4 comments:

J. said...

If I know you, you're already counting the days to your return to work. Easy there, Tiger. There's lot of time for work.

And we caught a glimpse of your Dude mowing the lawn yesterday. He looked like he was going to burst into flames. That boy needs sunscreen like no one I know.

catknip said...

Yes J's correct. The office will always be there. Although it won't be as much fun cause I'm off for 2 weeks when you're back - no offense, it just worked out that way. I'm planning my knitting time as we speak but also want to paint the porch and probably the fence.

I can see the Dude needing sunscreen ...

T. said...

Yep - he was rather hot - temperature wise.

And in terms of sunscreen, Stinky is at the top of the list, followed closely by his father.

Anonymous said...

I know it's hard to enjoy it. All year when I was off, everyone was always telling me how much fun I was supposed to be having, but I was slowly going out of my mind. I love that you've found some bright spots in what must be a very boring, sucky situation at times.