Saturday, September 26, 2009

Super Mittens

I came across this pattern a few years ago. I was looking for quick Christmas presents and thought that mittens in Chunky yarn seemed like a great idea. I was right. I made a pair for the Dude that he still wears today. T has a pair as well.

But that was years ago in the time before children. Now I have a couple of princesses. Most of my friends also have a couple of kids and knitting for all of them is a daunting task. One that I should probably give up if I'm honest with myself. I just can't seem to shake the idea that knitted gifts are the best kind and every year I look for quick projects for the little people in my life. Last year it was the one hour hat, also known as the Meathead.
This year, it's mittens. I'm making the smallest size of the Super Mittens from Weekend Knitting. They're pretty quick to whip up and I think the princesses in my life will enjoy them.

This one does.

1 comment:

T. said...

Peek-a-boo to you P1.

I still wear mine!!