So J. and I have been at this blogging thing for a few months. I figure all you really know about us is that (a) we're obsessed with yarn, knitting and knitting related people (like her and her and her) and (b) we spend far too much time (and money) on knitting.
I thought I'd like to deepen the pot. Make myself seem less self-indulgent and more 3-dimensional. I thought I'd let you in on a few, more meaningful, parts of my life.
1. I was somewhat athletic, at some point in my life. I was actually recruited by 3 colleges/universities to play basketball for them (I didn't play for any in the end).
2. This post makes me laugh. I'll be bookmarking this.
3. I have very eclectic music taste. On my iPod, I have the following: Hall&Oates, Jack Johnson, Coldplay, Back Street Boys, Neil Diamond, Justin Timberlake, John Mayer, Chilliwack, Def Leppard, Everclear, Fergie, Gin Blossoms, Israel Kamakawiwo'ole, Joni Mitchell, the Killers, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Nellie Furtado, Regina Spektor, U2 and my ultimate favorite, Rick Springfield. There are many others, a lot of which I won't admit to in public.
4. In my job I've been referred to as "highly-organized" and "driven"; more recently, I was referred to as a "key researcher". I relate to none of these labels...not even a little bit.
5. I love taking the boys to the park; I hate engaging in small talk with other park moms. It relates to my abhorrence of small talk in general.
As you can see, I'm much more than just a knitter (maybe not as deep as I had originally hoped). Far more than that. Anyone else want to share some nugget about themselves? Something few other people know about?