Thursday, July 17, 2008

Knitters Without Borders

I'm not really sure how Emily and I got to be friends. I think it may have started with a long list of common projects on Ravelry and a mutual appreciation for each other's work. We email, we leave comments, we stay in touch through a move across big oceans and a pregnancy.

Not too long ago, we decided to swap some yarn. Now, there's nothing that knitters love more than new yarn. Especially yarn that they've never seen before or can't acquire in their LYS. We love new fibres and different colours. We get excited over a new brand name of wool or a new hand dyed skein. So when I opened my mailbox on Monday, I was excited to say the least.



Behold my treasures! Chocolate! (Who doesn't love chocolate?)



Some sock yarn in Australian Merino. Soft, let me tell you. The colour is called Bloody Mary. I love a Bloody Mary, although in Canada we tend to make a similiar drink called the Caesar. I miss Caesars.





Beautiful laceweight in the Rainforest colourway. I had to pry it out of T's hands at SnB. (Some people have no self control.) It's incredibly soft and has a bit of a sheen to it. I think I'll be making a little shawl with a leaf motif. Any ideas?



And lastly, Emily was kind enough to remember the Princess. She sent a book about a little Koala who has a Mommy who loves her very much. The Princess is just as delighted with the postcard that was addressed to her, specifically.

So thanks, Emily. Let's do it again some time.

4 comments:

T. said...

I do love that yarn - I'm somewhat predictable!

catknip said...

I love the colors! It's very special.

Emily said...

Isn't it fun thinking of things to send to someone, and going out and finding it!
I am glad you liked, as you say - again!

dog mama said...

I miss Ceasers too, but lately I miss Sangria the most-est.