Friday, January 14, 2011

Itchy Fingers

I have itchy fingers. I want to start about a dozen new projects which is strange because I'm a monogamous knitter at heart. I think there are a few factors at play here:

1) I have worn through several pairs of socks lately. These were socks that I really loved and wore a lot especially in the winter months. I haven't been knitting socks for myself lately so I'm feeling the need to replace them.

2) Ysolda has a new book coming out. It should be published in March, but we've been expecting it since September. I pre-ordered the book because I like to support the arts, but mostly I wanted to get a peak at those new patterns. There are 7 sweaters in the book. I have plans to knit at least 5 of them.

3) I had a peak at the stash last night. Wow. I happen to have yarn to knit the 5 sweaters mentioned in point two on hand. I foresee a lot of yarn winding in my immediate future. I also recently purchased some really large zipock bags so that I can wind the yarn and put it into bags in preparation for March.

4) It's cold and snowy here. By cold, I mean that will a wind chill factored in, it feels like -35'C today. And by snowy, I mean we've received about 40 cm of snow in the last week and it doesn't appear to be stopping anytime soon. Nothing makes for better knitting weather than cold and snow.

So, I'll just keep my head down and finish the few projects I have on the go. (They are secret projects that involve a birthday girl down under and a baby due in February.)

Hopefully March will come soon and bring Spring with it.

2 comments:

T. said...

Mine are itchy too. I keep making deAls with myself. If you finish one sock then you can start something new-seems to be working do far.

Metta said...

The other day I started to knit a pair of socks. It is the first pair in two years after knitting 24 pairs in 2008. I have mostly been knitting mittens and recently I finished my striped sweater.
I love Ysoldas designs, so I also look forward to her new book.