Saturday, January 8, 2011

Plowing through....

I'm trying to get a few things here finished up. Not really lingering things, but just odds and ends. There are babies coming in the spring that I need to knit for, so I need to get some other projects out of the way (NOT babies in my house, or J's house - just for clarification).


First up, my Peyton Cardigan. Cute, cute. My other black cardigan I own has two small holes in it so a hand-knit black cardi is necessary. (I'm hoping the holes are not from moths....I'm trying to ignore the problem).


Next, my KAL socks. Turned the heel on the first one, and on the straighaway. These are freakin' gorgeous, and the yarn is unbelievable (Wollmeise Twin purchased from Jo's stash).


Finally, a scarf knit in yarn I bought in Kaua'i over Christmas. It's a bamboo silk blend and it's as soft as can be. It should be light enough that I can wear it now.


After these 3 are complete (or almost complete)...a baby blanket and a baby sweater are next. Pictures will be posted only on completion!


No rest for the knitter.

2 comments:

J. said...

I'm also knitting for other people's babies. It's more satisfying when you know that the new arrival will be warm and yet not disturb your sleep.

Amanda said...

It sounds like your knitting mojo has made a welcome return.