Thursday, October 11, 2007

AFOs (Almost Finished Objects)

Ah! Don't you just love that feeling of being almost done something? The anticipation of seeing what you're made. It could be great or a dismal failure but at least it's done.



This Hanami is going to get all my attention until I cast it off. (I may occassionally dabble with a stocking stitch sock but that doesn't count does it?) I'm so looking forward to the blocking process. It's like magic and turns a used Kleenex into an heirloom. (If you don't believe me, have a look at this.)



I have the tough parts of the Starsky Jr done. All I have to knit now are the sleeves which are plain ole stocking stitch. I will block it (anyone out there have good ideas on how to block cotton? I'm not a big blocker.) and then it will take a little break until it meets the Master.




A little TV time or a lunch break or two should finish off some plain socks for my nephew. It's Lorna's Laces in Argylle and I think it's perfect for a boy in Grade 4. (Wow! I remember when he was born.)


And once I've got a couple of FOs off my needles, I'll be able to start a Swallowtail Shawl in some leftover Zephyr for my Baba. So exciting!



Now I think someone needs a bath cause no one likes a grubby kid except maybe her Mommy.

2 comments:

T. said...

Can't wait to see the swallowtail!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my God! The Hanami is gorgeous! And so is the last AFO (even if she is a little dirty).