Sunday, October 14, 2007

That's a Wrap!

Ah! What a sense of accomplishment! I have finished two things this weekend and am quite pleased with myself.

First off, we have to nephew's socks. These are bumping up my sock tally nicely. I whipped these bad boys up in about a week. Sweet. They're plain jane cast on 64 stitches on 2.5 mm needles and continue on autopilot until kitchenering the toes. Lorna's Laces (sigh) in Argylle. Perfect for the Grade 4 boy in anyone's life.




Next we have the HANAMI! That's right she's been blocked and everything. I'm really happy with the final product. I knit it up in Zephyr laceweight in pewter.




My beads were a little larger than the recommended but I think the color is perfect with the yarn.


I can see myself wrapping up in this stole in a cozy and seductive manner.


Now that's a wrap!

And one more thing... I would like to send warm and healing thoughts to our VPSM (Vice President in charge of Skein Management.) This lovely gent winds up my and T.'s skeins on the swift/ballwinder combo that he purchased for his sweet Catknip. He has been a little under the weather for the last few days and we'd like to send him our best wishes and thoughtful prayers.


If you need some skeins to wind in order to speed your recovery, VPSM, just let us know. It's the least we can do. (By the way, nice balls.)

3 comments:

T. said...

Yes - best wishes to our VPSM. He does do good work.

catknip said...

Thanks. You're making me all weepy .... And the Hanami is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

You sock total is making us all look bad! And how gorgeous (you and the shall...)