Sunday, October 28, 2007

Time Off For Good Behavior.

I've been away and there is yarn to prove it. I skipped down Wednesday night after the piglet went to bed and headed off to Vancouver for the third time (!) this year. I attended a national conference that focused around diabetes and I learned a lot. I also managed to acquire some yarn.


Some Butterfly Cotton intended for the Dragon Skin Wrap from Interweave Holiday Gifts.







Fleece Artist Somoko Sock yarn (Merino/Kid/Nylon/Silk) in Hercules.





I got a kit to make a felted bracelet which may be for me or may end up in the Christmas gift pile.







Yang by SWTC. It's Wool, Silk and Bamboo. (Bad pic. Sorry.) I'm hoping I have enough to make this little clutch also from the Interweave Holiday Gifts. (Excellent issue, by the way. I'm loving Eunny.)





I did do a little knitting as well. I finished the Swallowtail. I'm just waiting for some blocking pins to arrive in the mail so that I can block it. (I love that part!)








I started a Tangled Yoke Cardi for my Mom for Christmas.







I also did a little mystery knitting. If you're on Ravelry, you can have a peak at my projects. I'm certain the intended recipient has not been Ravelled.







It was so great to get away for a few days. I am a Mom and most days that is my primary function. I change, feed, entertain, soothe, protect. All of these activities can take a lot out of a gal and so I really enjoyed being able to sleep in a little, linger over a latte, shop with some good friends (Hey, Lauren and Carol!) and visit family (Doris, have you finished the port yet?) and not be distracted by a kid. I am happy to be home again and I missed my family but I don't feel guilty. I had a life in the olden days and it's nice to have time to remember that I am more than a Mother. I am a wife, a friend, a co-worker, a knitter. Sometimes I forget to foster these other parts of myself when I am immersed in the Backyardigans. This weekend, I remembered.











Everyone did just fine without me. Here they are watching Sunday Football. They tell me they missed me but I have my doubts.

4 comments:

T. said...

You do deserve time off - and you do a great job at everything you do (including being a fabulous blogger and more importantly, friend).

And you yarn acquisitions look fabulous - I'm interested to have a closer look at the felted bracelet thing.

Lauren said...

I'm glad we were able to head out three days in a row for some great shopping and great sushi! Thanks for being a master at the Van public transportation system! I started the Cherry Swirl socks already, and I love the pattern.

Did piglet like her new animals?

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you had a great time - and T's right, you do deserve it!

That bracelet kit intrigues me. Perhaps you should bring it tomorrow so that I may pet it?

J. said...

I'll try to remember to bring it to SnB. It looks cute and I love the colors.

And yes, the girly likes the safari animals I picked up.