Saturday, October 13, 2007

Insomniac Attack

I suffer from insomnia. Add this to the list of things you didn't know about T. If you tell people you have insomnia, they usually think "what d'you mean you can't sleep. Just close your eyes and go to sleep." Or better yet people tell you "yah, I have that too. Sometimes it takes me forever to fall asleep." This isn't the case for me. I fall asleep no problem. I go tuck myself in, snuggle up with my blankies and I'm out. Ahhhh. Sweet sweet sleep.

My problem is that I wake up. And then I don't sleep. And not just every once in a while, but almost every night. I'll wake up anywhere between 2 and 5 am and that's it. I'm up. I'm still exhausted. I'm still wishing for sleep. But there I am, awake. It is the most frustrating thing ever. More frustrating than reasoning with a 3 year old. More frustrating than trying to feed a very stubborn toddler. I just want to sleep so bad and I can't.

If only I could do something useful with that time (like knit, go for a run, clean...) but instead I just lie there thinking that sleep will come at some point. Willing myself to fall asleep. And all the while getting more and more frustrated and being less and less able to fall asleep.

I promise my next post will include pictures of yarn, knitting and finished objects. I won't bore you with my sleep-related issues. Until that time, I'll dream (while awake) of sleeping...

2 comments:

J. said...

Too bad your Dude os out of town. I bet sex would do the trick. (No pun intended.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is so annoying. I've had it occasionally and I do find that it is better to get up and do something. You might as well since you're not sleeping anyway. I hope it gets better soon. :)